Wayne and I would like to thank Brian Fairtile from Siema Wines for doing the tasting last Saturday. We had a great turnout. In fact, we saw some customers that we haven’t seen for five years – one couple from far, far away, and the other from down the street.
Have you bought your Valentine’s Day present? Don’t forget our January Clearance Sale until January 31st. If you’re looking for gift ideas, please see our list below. Everything is 20% off and no other discounts can be used in conjunction with this sale. Many of you have already taken advantage of the sale and said you’ll probably be back.
Friday, January 30th Beer Tasting ~ 5:00 – 7:00 pm ~ Wayne will be in the shop tasting an assortment of beers. Haven’t heard from the Hardywood rep yet but when we get a tasting scheduled, you will be the first to know!
Replenished Beers ~ In time for the 20% discount, we will be getting Crabbie’s Ginger, Orange and Lemonade; Terrapin Liquid Bliss; Left Hand Nitro; Boylan Root Beer and Lemon Seltzer and Smuttynose IPA. The 20% discount ends at the end of the day, January 31st.
Saturday, January 31st Wine Tasting ~ 4:00 – 7:00 ~Rana Buchanan from Service Distributing will be in the shop tasting the following new wines:
- Truvee Chardonnay
- Truvee Red Blend
- Maremma Toscana IL Canapone (made from six grapes)
- Waterbrook Syrah
We will also be celebrating Wayne’s retirement this Saturday so we hope you’ll join us to congratulate him, taste the wines and munch on some of the hors d’oeuvres.
Upcoming Wine Tastings ~
- February 6 ~ Ladies’ Night with Brian Fairtile
- February 14 ~ Guy Bell from Virginia Imports
- February 21 ~ Sean Tarallo from International Cellars
- February 28 ~ Matt Leader with Country Vintner
Valentine’s Gift Ideas
- Tin Signs ~ “Wine improves with age; I improve with wine!”; “Squeeze me, Stomp me, Make me wine”; “Welcome to the Beer Cave”; “Wine From Around the World”; “I thought beer was bad for you…so I gave up thinking!” All are $10.99 each.
- Wood Signs ~ “Wine Drinkers Gather Here”; “Never Trust a Skinny Cook”; “Happy Wife…Happy Life”; “Like a Fine Wine, I’m Best when Drunk”; “Don’t Like the Food?...Have More Wine”; “I Cook with wine, sometimes I add it to the food.” All wooden signs are $3.95 each.
- Garden Flags ~ “Happy Valentine’s Day” ($10.99); “Happy Mardi Gras” ($13.95); “Mardi Gras Magic” ($13.95); “Hangin’ at the Lake” ($11.50); “Well Bless Yer Heart! You’re in the South now!” ($10.85); “Southern Sippin’” ($10.85); “Shagging - Keeping the Tradition Alive” ($8.95); Skull and Cross Bone ($10.95); “Friends Welcome Here” ($8.95).
- House Flags ~ “Friends Wine Together” ($16.75); “19th Hole” ($21.75); “Well Bless Yer Heart! You’re in the South now!” ($21.75); “Horse Welcome” ($16.75); “Whimsy Cross” ($16.99); “Wine is Absolutely Divine” ($16.95); “Wine a Bit You’ll Feel Better” ($19.95); “Virginia Tech” ($22.99).
- Wine Bottle Holders ~ Equine; Cow; Gargle; Reaper. All range from $14.95 to $17.95.
- Jewelry ~ Wine-related Necklaces and Earrings; Pearl bracelets
- Canvas Wine Bags ~ Single ($5.99) and Double ($6.99)
- Salsas ~ Tomatillo Salsa Verde; Fiery Peri-Peri Dark Cherry Salsa; Fiery Cranberry Habanero Salsa; Salsa Fresca; Black & White Bean Salsa.
- Vinaigrette & Marinade ~ Lemon Oregano; Roasted Garlic & Sun Dried Tomato; Orange Balsamic
- Herb Dip ~ Vino & Spice Sundried Tomato; Vino & Spice Mediterranean Medley; Route 11 Garlic Delight
- Dad’s Barbeque Sauce
Upcoming Events at Grapes of Taste
February 7, 1 – 3 ~ Paint Class with Amy Nichols with Company N Canvas will be the shop for another paint class. The cost is $25 per person and all supplies are provided as you paint step by step. No skills needed. Space is limited so if you’re interested, please give Amy a call (740-278-6100) or email (email@example.com). The wine shop will be offering a special wine tasting plus you can stick around afterwards for the regularSaturday wine tasting.
February 11, 12:00 – 4:00 ~ Private Wine Tasting ~ Bridge Club will enjoy a wine tasting and then play all afternoon in the Tasting Room.
February 15 ~ Beer Club Shuttle Trip
February 17, 4:00 – 8:00 ~ Fat Tuesday @ Rusty Beaver. They will be releasing their Double IPA.
February 22, 11:00 – 5:00 ~ Shuttle Trip to the Virginia Wine Expo. There are still seats available for this trip. Purchase your discounted tickets online (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/8th-annual-virginia-wine-expo-tickets-12600503445) and then call us to reserve your spot on the bus. $10.00 per person.
Kay and Wayne
If you have an event you would like us to help promote, please shoot me an email and
we will add you to the list of events.