I realize it’s not Wednesday, but I figured everyone will be busy tomorrow getting ready for Thanksgiving.
I also wanted to let you know that Grapes of Taste will be opening an hour earlier tomorrow (10:00 a.m.) in case you want to get an early start. I would also like to thank all the ladies that tasted the wines at Ladies’ Night Out last Thursday and then came to the shop on Friday and Saturday to purchase some. Some of the ladies even asked to be added to our email list!
This Saturday is Small Business Saturday – a day to celebrate and support small businesses and all they do for the communities. Started in 2010, this special day showcases the local businesses that are the heartbeat of the community, offer jobs and build our economy.
Sandwiched between Black Friday and Cyber Monday local businesses partner with one another to offer specials and savings to everyone. This year, Grapes of Taste has partnered with local women and businesses to introduce new items in the shop. I hope you will stop in and check out Tiffany Andrews’ Colonial Thymes Soups, Nina Peery’s Cheeses and marinades, vinaigrettes, salsas and dips from Gunther’s Gourmet. Please see below.
Are you looking for ideas for Christmas presents? Now that I’m in the shop more, I’ve started putting together some baskets that might make some neat gifts. Please see the list below. All of the baskets are on display in the shop and available for purchase. We will be offering a 10% discount on anything purchased this Saturday during Small Business Saturday.
Friday, November 29th Beer Tasting ~ 5:30 – 7:30 pm ~ Wayne will be in the shop tasting an assortment of beers.
Saturday, November 30th Wine Tasting ~ 4:00 – 7:30 pm ~ Brian Fairtile from Siema Wines will be in the shop tasting:
- La Cappuccina Soave (Italy)
- Two Ponds Chardonnay (Washington State) New
- Odoardi Sauvto (Italy)
- Valpolicella Classico (Italy)
- Two Ponds Cabernet Sauvignon (Washington State) New
- Sangue di Guida (Italy)
Upcoming Wine Tastings
- December 6 ~ Ladies Night with Democracy Vineyards
- December 7 ~ Lindsey Peard with Andes Importers
- December 14 ~ Sean Tarallo with International Cellars (will also be serving Tavern Bits and Farmers’ Potatoes)
- December 21 ~ John Proctor with The Spanish Wine Importers
- December 28 ~ Matt Leader with Country Vintner
Wine of the Week ~ Peaks of Otter Apple Blueberry Muffin ~ A Gold Medal winner from the winery that was also Mark Twain’s favorite wine. It really tastes like blueberry muffins and comes in a beautiful blue triangular bottle – a delicious conversation piece. It normally sells for $20.95 but through November 30th the special is one bottle for $17.50 or two for $30.00.
- Gunther’s Gourmet ~ Marinades & Vinaigrettes: Orange Balsamic, Lemon Oregano and Roasted Garlic & Sundried Tomato; Salsas: Black & White Bean, Spicy Chipotle Pepper & Smoked Corn, Salsa Fresca, Salsa Verde – Tomatillo, Jalapeno Salsa Fresca, Spicy Ginger Pineapple, Fiery Cranberry Habanero and Fiery Peri-Peri Dark Cherry; and Spicy Black Bean with Lime Dip
- Nina Peery Cheeses ~ Colby Jack, Sharp Cheddar, Cajun Cheddar, Blue Cheese, Garlic and Pepper Jack
- Feridies Peanuts ~ Chocolate Covered, Sweet & Salty Trail Mix, Chocolate Mania, Honey Roasted, Cajun and Jamaican.
- ChocoLove Chocolates ~ “Coffee Crunch” is new but have also replenished the Orange Peel, Almonds in Sea Salt and Ginger.
- Colonial Thymes Soups ~ Sweet Potato and Corn Chowder, Heirloom Garden Tomato, Country Vegetable and Whole Grain and Bacon Cheddar Potato.
Baskets ~ Jennifer and I will be glad to put together a basket of your choice but we offer the following suggestions:
- Chocolates ~ Eight assorted ChocoLove chocolates ($37.00, tax included)
- Got Beer? ~ Beer Lasso; Devil’s Backbone Vienna Lager and 8 Point IPA; Legend Pale Ale, Golden IPA and Brown Ale; Salted Peanuts and “Got Beer” Beer Mug ($59.59, tax included)
- Cooking ~ Peaks of Otter Kiss the Devil; Peaks of Otter Chili Dawg; and “I Cook with Wine Sometimes I even Add it to the food” sign ($43.12, tax included)
- Stressed Parents ~ Mommy’s Time Out Pinot Grigio, Dad’s Day Off Chianti, ChocoLove Chocolate, Pecan Yummies, Pearl Bracelet and bath accessories ($57.10, tax included)
Friday, December 6 ~ Friends of Caroline Library Holiday Concert, featuring the Rappahannock Youth Symphony, 7:30 p.m. at Caroline Community Services Center in Bowling Green. Tickets are $15.00 for adults and $5.00 for children 10 and under. Proceeds to benefit all branches of the Caroline Library.
Saturday, December 14 ~ 11 – 4 at the Sidney E. King Arts Center – make your special Christmas ornament with artist and teacher Katie Boltz. Cost is $5.00 per ornament. Fun for kids of all ages.
Saturday, December 14 ~ Caroline Humane Society’s 2nd Annual Ugly Sweater Christmas Party & Silent Auction, 6:00 p.m. at The Timbers Restaurant. Tickets are $20 per person and include one free drink, entrance to the Silent Auction and treats from the appetizer bar.
We wish everyone a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!
Kay and Wayne
If you have an event you would like us to help promote, please shoot me an email and
we will add you to the list of events.