Wayne and I would like to thank Matt Leader for doing the wine tasting last Saturday.
This Saturday is Armed Forces Day which was established by President Harry S. Truman as a single holiday for citizens to thank our military members for their patriotic service in support of our country. It was first observed on May 20, 1950 with parades, open houses, receptions and air shows.
This Saturday, Grapes of Taste will be offering a 10% discount to any member or veteran of the military. If you know anyone who is in or has served in the military, I hope you will take a minute to stop and thank them for their service. We would not have the freedoms that we have if it were not for them.
Wine Trivia ~ Ways to Enhance Your Wine-Drinking Experience
- Let your wine breathe if it needs too. Ten minutes often goes a long way.
- Use crystal wine glasses to add a little to the wine and a lot to the ambiance.
- Eat a little food so you don’t get “buzzed” prematurely.
- A glass of water helps quench your thirst so you can enjoy the wine a little longer.
- Swish the wine in your mouth long enough to really taste and enjoy it.
- Drink your wine with good and appropriate foods.
- And finally, drink your wine with good and appropriate friends.
Friday, May 17th ~ Beer Tasting ~ 5:30 – 7:30 ~ Wayne will taste a wonderful selection of beers.
Don’t forget the Beer Club that meets this Sunday, May 19th, 2 – 4 p.m. in the shop.
Saturday, May 18th ~ Wine Tasting ~ 4:00 – 8:00 pm ~ Maggie Waggoner with Delfosse Winery will be in the shop tasting the following Virginia wines:
Deer Rock White
- Delfosse Sauvignon Blanc
- Potomac Point Cabernet Franc
- Potomac Point Abbinato
- Deer Rock Red
- Delfosse Grand Cru Olivier
- Delfosse Meditation
Upcoming Wine Tastings:
- Saturday, May 25 ~ Rana Buchanan with Service Distributing
- Saturday, June 1 ~ Matt Leader with Country Vintner
- Saturday, June 15 ~ Brian Fairtile with Siema Wines
- Saturday, June 22 ~ Lindsey Peard with Andes Importers
Upcoming Community Events ~
- May 16 ~ AARP Container Gardening Program, 10 – 12 Noon in Bowling Green Library. Refreshments provided. Please call 633-5455 to sign up.
- June 1 ~ Lake Caroline Wine Tasting ~ Grapes of Taste has been invited to do a special Wine Tasting in the Clubhouse. If you live in Lake Caroline, we hope you will join us!
- June 15 ~ Humane Society of Caroline Paws for Fun, Caroline County Agricultural Fairgrounds. This is a great promotional opportunity for local businesses, clubs, organizations, crafters, etc. to market their products and/or services. Contact email@example.com for more information. Applications available at: www.carolinehumanesociety.org Deadline for vendor registration is May 15th.
- June 20 ~ Sunset Art Walk sponsored by Bowling Green Arts Commission 5:00 – 8:00 pm Main St and Milford St, Bowling Green. Artists painting and selling. Stores open late. Refreshments.
If you have an event you would like us to help promote,
please shoot me an email and we will add you to the list of events.
View a list of our Virginia Wines & Wineries Here. ~ Click here for our Brochure.