Things are really hopping here in the shop as the wines for the Mini-Wine Festival this weekend have started arriving. We have a new Riesling, Moscato D’Asti, Chardonnay and two new Pinot Noirs and expect more Chardonnays, Rieslings, Tempranillo, Crianza, Dornfelder and Zweigelt.
What is the Mini-Wine Festival?
It is your opportunity to taste twenty new wines that would be good for Thanksgiving meals. We don’t even have to worry about the weather because it takes place in the shop’s tasting room! You can also taste the wines with Thanksgiving hors d’oeuvres.
It’s happening this Saturday, November 15th between 4:00 and 7:00 p.m. Tickets are $10.00 per person which includes the “Grapes of Taste” wine glass, sampling of wines and hors d’oeuvres.
The four distributors are: Brian Fairtile from Siema Wines, Sean Tarallo from International Cellars, Matt Leader from Country Vintner and Rana Buchanan from Service Distributing. Limited quantities of the new wines will be available for purchase but if we run out, they can be ordered and delivered to the shop in time for Thanksgiving.
If you would like to purchase your tickets over the phone, please give us a call at 804-448-8008. Kay would appreciate an idea of how many are coming so she can be sure to have enough food available. Even if you don’t pay till Saturday, a call that you’re coming would be appreciated.
Upcoming Wine Tastings will feature two of our favorite Virginia wineries:
- Jim Turpin from Democracy Vineyards will be in the shop, Saturday, November 29th 4:00 – 7:00
- Jeff Heidig from Lake Anna Winery will be here for the December 5th Ladies’ Night tasting, 5:00 – 7:00
Friday, November 14th Beer Tasting ~ 5:00 – 7:00 pm ~ Wayne will be in the shop tasting some new beers we got in last week. They are:
- Blue Mountain Dark Hollow (Virginia)
- Blue Mountain Blitzen (Virginia) features an upside down reindeer - brother to Long Winter’s Nap
- Left Hand Nitro Milk
- Ace Ciders – Apple, Berry, Pear and Pineapple (been told the Pineapple is delish!)
Upcoming Community Events
- Saturday, November 15 ~ 6th Annual Bowling Green Art Show at Town Hall Events Room. 9:00 to 3:00. Caroline Co. School artwork will also be on display
- Saturday, November 15 ~ St. Asaph’s “Elegant Evening” Fundraiser for the Church.
- Saturday, November 15 ~ Annual Wrights Chapel Crafters Holiday Bazaar from 8AM to 2PM. In addition to beautiful handmade crafts, there will be a raffle for an oversized Christmas basket filled with crafts and food items and a second raffle for a beautiful doll house complete with furnishings. Two extraordinary gifts!! Breakfast and lunch will be available.
- Saturday, November 15 ~ Humane Society of Caroline County Casino Night at Ladysmith Village Community Club House. There will be Black Jack, Roulette, Texas Hold'em, Craps and Horse Racing with prizes, as well as a Silent Auction items. Soft drinks and food will be provided as well as a cash wine and beer bar.
- Tuesday, November 18 ~ Caroline County Garden Club will meet at 11:00 a.m. at Wright's Chapel, Ladysmith Virginia. Cheryl Fischer will show everyone how to make table wreaths for the holidays. She will provide a base, and participants are asked to bring greens to use and share. November's horticultural focus is Helpful Hints for Our Birds for Winter. Business meeting at eleven, followed by lunch and presentation. Contact: 804-366-1750.
- Friday, December 5 ~ Friends of Caroline Library Holiday Concert. Michael Hoover presents “Memories of Elvis” at the Caroline Community Services Center, 17202 Richmond Turnpike, Milford, Virginia. Advance Tickets are $20.00 per person and will be available in all branch libraries. $25.00 per person at the door.
If you have a community event you would like us to advertise shoot us an email and we will be glad to add you to the schedule!
Kay and Wayne
If you have an event you would like us to help promote, please shoot me an email and
we will add you to the list of events.