Wayne and I would like to thank Jeff Heidig from Lake Anna Winery for doing the Ladies’ Night tasting for us last Friday. We had a packed tasting room!
Robyn Sidersky writes for the Free Lance-Star and today’s edition featured her article about local breweries are releasing their holiday beers. It was an interesting article and we thought we’d share the link:
Friday, December 12th Beer Tasting ~ 5:00 – 7:00 pm
A couple weeks ago we mentioned that we have a new distributor who features many of the Virginia breweries.
This Friday, Wayne will be tasting some from Apocalypse Brewery (Forest, Va.), Hardywood Park Craft Brewery (Richmond) and Lickinghole Creek Craft Brewery (Goochland). They are:
- Hardywood Gingerbread Stout (Imperial Milk Stout)
- Hardywood Cream Ale (Cream Ale)
- Hardywood Capital Trail (Dry Hopped Pale Ale)
- Hardywood Great Return (IPA)
- Hardywood Singel (Belgian Blonde Ale)
- Lickinghole Creek Til Sunset (Session IPA)
- Lickinghole Creek Magic Beaver (Belgian Style IPA)
- Apocalypse Golden Censer (Honey wheat Ale)
- Apocalypse Red Hoppacalypse (Imperial Red Ale)
Saturday, December 13th ~ Wine Tasting 4
4:00 – 7:00 ~Caroline King from The Spanish Wine Importers will be in the shop tasting a couple new Virginia wines and two Spanish wines:
- Boneyard Chardonnay (Virginia)
- Boneyard Skins (Virginia Rkatsiteli)
- Canchales Tempranillo (Spain)
- Lo Petit Garnacha/Cabernet Sauvignon blend (Spain)
Replenished Wines ~ Horton Cranberry, Maggio Petite Sirah, 3 Girls Pinot Noir, Lady Lola Pinot Grigio and Dark Horse Cabernet Sauvignon.
Upcoming Wine Tastings will feature two of our favorite Virginia wineries:
- Saturday, December 20th ~ Brian Fairtile with Siema Wines
- Saturday, December 27th ~ Alexander Morgan from James River Cellars
Shuttle Bus ~ Residents from Lake Caroline will be venturing to the Illuminate Light Show at Meadow Event Park on Thursday, December 18th. The bus is full for that night but they have a waiting list for Wednesday, December 17th and seats are available. If interested in going on December 17th, please call 804-448-9155 for more information.
Upcoming Community Events
- Tuesday, December 16 ~ Caroline County Garden Club will meet at Wright’s Chapel United Methodist Church at 11:00 a.m. Members are asked to bring a covered dish for their Christmas Luncheon and a ten dollar gift for their gift exchange. Dessert will be provided. For more information, please call, 804-366-1750.
- Tuesday, December 23 ~ Art Classes at the Bowling Green Town Hall for ages 6 and up. Local artist, Patricia Jackson will be teaching the classes. (She’s the one that painted the mural on the side of the shop!) Craft Class is 10:00 – 11:30 a.m. /$8.00 per person; Painting Class is 12:00 Noon – 1:30 p.m. / $15.00 per person. Call the Town Hall, 804-633-6212, to register.
- December Membership Special at Caroline Family YMCA ~ Become a member today & save! Get December free, plus a $0 joining fee, all with no contracts! A donation to the food bank or Toys for Tots would be greatly appreciated. Get into the spirit of the holiday season by helping others!
If you have a community event you would like us to advertise shoot us an email and we will be glad to add you to the schedule!
Kay and Wayne
If you have an event you would like us to help promote, please shoot me an email and
we will add you to the list of events.